Sunday, April 10, 2011

Teresa Collins Design Team - Getting to know Jamie Harder

We are back to our regular scheduled program. It is time to meet our final design team member Jamie Harder. Her work is amazing and photography skills are just amazing. Jamie has been published in many magazines and one of the original design team members for Teresa Collins. We asked Jamie a couple of questions and this is what she had to say.

Jamie Harder
What is your scrapbooking style? 
Do I have a style?  I suppose I do...I am drawn to clean and linear layouts but I like to explore lots of styles and try to grow creatively:-)

How did you start scrapbooking? 
My first scrapbook "album" was one that I did for my Dad.  We hiked the West Coast Trail together and it was such a special memory that I wanted to capture it somehow and thus my first scrapbook was born.  Like many, it was not until my children were born that I really became hooked!

What influences your designs? 
I am influenced by the pictures mostly and the story I want to tell.  I love to look through magazines to get new ideas of what to try on my pages!
 

How long do you spend working on a layout? 
The amount of time I spend on a layout definitely varies.  I love the process and will often sit in front of my computer...talking on forums, looking at online magazines or I scrapbook while watching TV or listening to music...and then...it takes me awhile.  But I am having fun...enjoying the process.  Other times...the layouts practically scrapbook themselves (which often happens when I am working with Teresa Collins' BEAUTIFUL product)

What does your work area look like while you are working on a project? Clean and organized? Messy and all over the place? 
When I am working on a project, my once neat and tidy room becomes a complete disaster.  My space is technically our office (however, it has very quickly been taken over) so I try to keep it clean for others to use.

What is your favorite color combination? 
I love so many color combinations but I have the easiest time scrapbooking with the color pink.  I have two daughters who adore pink so I have endless photos that coordinate nicely:-)

Do you have any other hobbies?
My other hobbies include: photography, gardening, reading, and running.

___________________________________________
 
Here are some beautiful layouts made by Jamie using the Timeless Collection.
 I love the way Jamie layers different elements to make her own embellishments.

 ___________________________________________


 Here is a cute home decor frame that carries over from the layout to create a beautiful framed artwork.



___________________________________________
My favorite technique Jamie uses is her ability to layer the pattern papers to make her photographs be the center of attention on her layouts.  I love all the detail she puts in each of her layouts.  Not over the top, not to simple but just right for her layouts. 


 Then and Now by Jamie Harder
http://ahappyscrappyplace.blogspot.com

Timeless:  Pink Damask Flocked


Timeless:Time Clocks

Timeless: Pink Stripe

Timeless: Time Clocks Transparency

Timeless: Diecuts

Blingage: Donna's Gems


Timeless: Decorative Brads

Other: White and black Cardstock; letter stickers, and pink floss.

 ___________________________________________
I had to share this layout, this is personally one of my favorites that Jamie created using the Posh Collection.  I think I am in love with the way she captures the expression of her girls.  I love the "toothless smile".


Thank you Jamie for sharing your amazing talent with us.  We hope you enjoyed getting to know Jamie.  Please check out her blog at http://ahappyscrappyplace.blogspot.com to see more of her amazing work.  We are so honored to have Jamie as part of our Teresa Collins Design Team.  

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented, Jamie -- and those girlies faces are precious!! Great to work with YOu - you inspire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your layouts Jamie! Your girls are so cute! I love their smiles!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...