Wednesday, April 23, 2014

That Look by Stacey Michaud


Have you ever mixed Teresa's collections?  I mixed some products from two lines on this most recent layout.  I really appreciate how Teresa incorporates versatile designs like grid paper or ledger paper.  There are so many cool white papers that can be used as bases.  I combined some Save the Date with Hello My Name Is.

 
The Kraft Polaroid squares are from the Hello, My Name is collection.  I combined the Kraft with the pinks, golds and blues in the Save the Date line.  How fun to pick exactly what you need from a variety of lines!
 
I wanted the photo to pop so I used lots of light colored elements and keep my patterns to a minimum.  I grounded the photo with the gold polka dot and then pushed all elements to the right on the page.
 
 
I used one of the Polaroid squares as my journaling space, but not before dressing it up a bit.  I placed half of a wooden circle and button to the right.  Then I used the Snapshots diecut. 
 
 
I didn't want to write on the square closest to my daughter's face so I simply added the Beautiful and music note die-cuts.  It is enough detail to jazz it up.  I placed small strips of the blue stripe and black diagonal along the top and finished it with the heart sticker. 
 
I finished off the page by placing the wood veneer banner along the bottom, using it as a place to put my title.  Finally, I scattered handcut polka dots, sequins and enamel dots along a similar vertical line.
 
Sometimes the little details can make a big difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...