Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Save the Date Cards by Tessa Wise

Hello!  I have some pretty cards to share featuring the Save the Date collection.  I love using this line for cards- they all have a romantic feel to them, no matter what the theme! My first one showcases the pretty papers from the Save the Date collection: 


Best Friend Card 1

I started with a kraft card base.  I added a panel of the music print paper (Our Song) that I had cut from the bottom right corner of the sheet to include the forever bit.  I created a cluster of embellishments around the forever- a bit of metallic black baker's twine, the best friend sticker, and the roses diecut from the ephemera pack.  I added it to my card front using foam adhesive dots and added the sticker strip to the left edge.  I added some pretty sequins to finish off the look. 

Best Friend Card 3

The texture in the 12x12 sheets is so pretty!  I love how it adds a bit of luxe to every project I create with it! My second card showcases one of the new overlays from the Save the Date collection: 

Always And Forever Card 1

I chose the overlay that said always and forever because I thought it would make a fun sentiment.  I cut it to fit my 4.24 x 5.5" card base and adhered it to the front using adhesive only where it would be covered by the next layers.  I added a large banner of the small hexagon print (Just Married) next and then added the small banners over the top of it.  They are both from the Ephemera pack.  I added a small staple to the heart one and then embellished with a few of the sequins I love so much! 

Always and Forever Card 3

The overlays look great on cards- they are shiny and add another dimension of texture! I had a lot of fun with my last card!  I pulled out the pretty scalloped mask from the Basically Essential line to create the background on it: 

Wooden Love Card 3

I love Teresa's new stencils!  There are just so many things you can do with them!  This time I pulled out my spritzer and a pretty blue marker.  I created the speckles first and then went back and added a bit of matching blue ink with a sponge to make the color pop under my main cluster. I added a strip of the striped washi and then adhered the wooden pieces.  Then I added a bit of twine and a few enamel dots next and then finished it off with the always and forever sticker.  It just turned out so pretty! 

Wooden Love 4I

The Save the Date collection is such a beautiful one!  It always makes me happy to pull it out and create!
Hope you have a wonderful day!


www.craftygrl.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...