Thursday, October 17, 2013

He Said that She by Stacey Michaud

When the You Are My Happy collection arrived at my door, I was blown away by the vibrant color!  There is so much happy in this line...the patterns, chipboard, and colors!  I love a pretty floral with a bold chevron.  It made me happy!

I decided to go bold with this page!  Bold is everywhere right now from fashion to throw pillows.  I say embrace color and scrap!

 
 
I usually start with a quiet and calm base as I consider myself more of a simple scrapper.  However, I was drawn to the graphic design of this paper.  I love how the Vs naturally point to the photo!  I decided to layer and give my photo a place to rest.

I placed the photo, which is sized at 3 X 5", onto the Captured journaling card.  The photo was slightly larger going vertically so I added the black to the top.  It grounds the photo and makes it pop.  



I used the floral file folder to anchor my photo.  For this page, I cut the folder in half.  I plan to use the other side on another page.  The heart paper is from the 6X6 paper pad.

To balance out the bold pattern and the floral, I added the tags and embellishments to the left.


I used one of the new Flag Toppers minus the wooden stick for the heart banner and also grouped a chipboard banner and brad.  There are so many wonderful patterns in this line, like that black and white diagonal.  It can be found in the 6X6 Paper Pad.  Did you know that there are extra patterns and designs within that pad than those in the 12X12 papers?  It allows for great variety!

Grab the You Are My Happy line and go for it!  Be bold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...