Friday, October 19, 2012

Together And Close Layout by Stacey Michaud


If someone asked me what scrappy supply I could never do without, I would say patterned paper.  I think it is so versatile.  You could use the sheet as is, make embellishments from the designs, or use it in smaller pieces.

I slightly altered the Titles paper from the Vintage Finds collection.  It has gorgeous curves, numerals, patterns and words.  I immediately saw the shape and knew I had to cut it to make a unique background.


I simply cut around the curves that were already there, trying to create symmetry.  The black and white background pops on the neutral, patterned yellow paper.  Since the Titles paper is detailed, I kept the rest of my layout simple.


I decided to emphasis the curves by placing three brads along the side of the title.  I think it draws the eye to that side of the paper.  I used a flashcard as a part of my titlework.


I grounded my photo with some borders and layered some chipboard and brads.  A small piece of ribbon from the collection adds a finishing touch!

Yep, I couldn't live without patterned paper.  Especially when it is this pretty!

Supplies:  Vintage Finds:  Paper:  Titles, Music, Border Strips, Brads, Chipboard Elements 2, Buttons, Trim, Faceted Rhinestones, Flashcards



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...